Friday, September 07, 2007

blah-g

Hello world. I mean classmates.

I'm not sure what to expect out of this whole blogging thing. I've tried Xanga and MySpace blogging, but I'm not good at consistently updating it. I guess it's like what Michele said in class the other day: Why should anyone care about me?

On the other hand, some people who maintain blogs get thousands of hits for simply blogging about random things.

For example:

-Engadget (www.engadget.com) updates Internet folks about the latest gadgets. I haven't looked at it in a while, but it's pretty much publicity for some really cool toys that no one actually needs but are cool ideas nonetheless. For example, the Wi-Fi, universal remote control with a color LCD screen. Does anyone actually need it? Probably not. But it would be pretty cool to have.

-BornRich (www.bornrich.org) calls itself a "luxury blog" because it reveals some pretty interesting, overpriced items that only rich people can afford. I once saw an entry on a tombstone with a TV screen on it so the dead person could leave video messages to his or her survivors. Necessary? No. Freaky? Yes.

-Perez Hilton (www.perezhilton.com) calls himself the queen of gossip. I like hearing the latest celebrity gossip from him because he knows some of the stars (like Paris Hilton, who inspired his pseudonym). He's also pretty funny, and he's good at publishing gossip faster than Us Weekly.

So those are pretty much the only blogs I've looked at (I think). I hope to find some more interesting ones throughout the semester, though.

Byeeeee now!
felicia

1 comment:

Mei Fang said...

Dear Felicia,
Wow, I like your approach to this blog. You have presented some very good pros and cons viewpoints and substantiated your point so effectively. I hope this discussion will carry on.

I also see that you have tried to include other features in your blog. Good job.

MF